1. DIY Painting Night
Let the creative juices flow! Grab some canvases and acrylic paint (hit up the Dollar Store or Michaels for these), and search “Easy Painting Tutorial” on YouTube. Make a masterpiece and a memory in one evening!
2. Power’s Out Party
The idea is to pretend the electricity is off. Turn off the lights, switch off your phones, light the candles, order in take-out, and cozy up for your favorite Power’s Out activities. Try a board or card game, or ask some of our date night questions to kick-start great conversation.
3. Spa Night
Treat your significant other to a night of pampering. Think foot soaks, back rubs, hand massages. Have candles, lotion and relaxing music at hand. This will be a real winner for those who love a little extra affection!
4. Gamer Night
Pull out your (or your significant other’s!) favorite video games! Try renting your childhood favourites (Mario Kart anyone?!). Have popcorn or chips at the ready, and bring out your playful and competitive sides for this fun evening together.
5. Breakfast in Bed… at Night
Cook up your fave breakfast, make your coziest hot beverage, don your jammies, and hop into bed for this delicious change of routine! Men are like waffles, amiright?
6. Around the World Night
Pick a country. Make a recipe unique to that country or order in food from a local restaurant. Find a movie from that country and cozy up together to watch it. Or, choose an activity well known to that country to do together. If you love a challenge (or are prone to wanderlust), pick less familiar countries to learn about!
7. Nostalgia Night
Settle in for a reflective and memory filled evening together. Sip on coffee and eat your favorite dessert while you open up photo albums, wedding books, keepsake books, or your iPhoto library to relive the gamut of memories together.
8. For the Love of Fun Night
Let the silly and playful side of you thrive! Raid your kids Nerf Gun stash and plan for an all out battle. Turn off the lights and play Hide and Go Seek in the dark. Rig up a fort in the living room. Complete the fun with a stash of your favorite 5 cent candies.
9. Dinner for Two (Parents Addition)
Make the kids dinner, put them to bed, and enjoy a dinner for two alone. Shop ahead of time for a meal you can prepare at home or order something in. Put on some candles, some soft music, and enjoy a quiet dinner together. P.S. Don't forget dessert.
Need help starting a conversation? Here's some questions to help you.
1) What is your favorite memory as a child?
2) What’s my best physical feature?
3) What is your favorite memory of us dating?
4) Which of your parents are you most like?
5) What’s a new hobby you’d like to try?
6) If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
7) What’s the happiest you’ve ever felt?
8) What do you want to do when you retire?
9) For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10) If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
11) What’s another career that you think you’d love?
12) If you could go back in time, what age would you be?
13) What was your favorite date night you’ve ever had with me?
14) Who do you know that has the best marriage? And what can we do to get there?
15) If you bought a boat, what would you name it?
Do you want to grow spiritually together? Take 6 days and track along with 'The Vow" devotional on YouVersion.